Wednesday 13 October 2010

Sadma (1983): Kamal Haasan and Sridevi's remake of Tamil hit Moondram Pirai

Sridevi, "The last scene where Kamal Haasan tries in vain to make me recall the time I spent with him was heart-wrenching. I couldn't show even a glimmer of recognition. My four-year-old-cousin refused to talk to me for days after that. He said that I had behaved like a vamp!

A remake somehow loses the original's spontaneity. The magic of Moondram Pirai was something else."

Contrary to popular belief, Sridevi did not receive a National award for Sadma - however much she deserved it. Kamal Haasan continued his winning streak as this was his n'th award. 



Dimple Kapadia, "There is no role that I look forward to. I have done enough and I am not dissatisfied with the body of work that I have done. 'Sadma' (1983) was one film I was supposed to do, but unfortunately Sridevi did it. That remains one role I wanted to do but after seeing Sridevi, that desire died. She was too good."

From: Masala.com











1 comment: