Friday 15 October 2010

Shekhar Kapur on getting Sridevi for Mr India's sequel: 2010 feature: Mr India 2

Shekhar Kapoor, ''I'll use my charms on Sridevi to return in Mr India 2''

By Subhash K Jha

Shekhar Kapur has just finished writing the techno-zany sequel to the 1987 blockbuster Mr India. And it will be designed as a feature film that would eventually be converted into a video game.



Shekhar, in India for a while, will now set down to convince Sridevi to return to the sequel. "Mr.India 2 cannot work without the original cast. I've written a basic story. A very modern story. It's the story of today's youth. And what is happening with technology today. And I've gotten over my fear of how to replace Mogambo. It's a new story filled with special effects. And yes, it has a brand new villain to replace Mogambo."

Anil Kapoor is very much part of Mr India 2. "I'd be stupid to make Mr.India again without Anil. And we must have Sridevi…Ms Hawa Hawaii was very memorable character.

How is Mr India conceivable without Sri? Or without Calendar (Satish Kaushik)? Or for that matter the frazzled newspaper editor (Anu Kapoor) who kept getting wrong numbers on his landline? We'll replace the land-line harassment with unwanted commercial calls on the editor's cellphone."

As for Sridevi, "I think I'll work my charm to persuade her. She has to agree."

There'll also be new hero in Mr India 2. "We're getting a completely new boy who won't play the title role. But he'll play a pivotal part. I want to bring new talent into our industry. I want the new boy in the new Mr India to be be someone like Rishi Kapoor, Kumar Gaurav or Aamir Khan when they came in."

 




Shekhar isn't at liberty to disclose the new post-Mogambo villain's name. "But what I can tell you is Boney Kapoor and Manmohan Shetty are co-producing while I look after the creative aspect of Mr India 2.



Anil Kapoor and Sridevi with the host of kids (and Calendar!) in a scene in Mr. India





Pics from Mr India's Silver Jubilee party and the simultaneous launch of Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja - yep, the movie was launched in the winter of 1987 and the film released in 1993!



Above: Anil Kapoor and Sridevi at the launch of Roop Ki Rani Choron Ka Raja back in 1987! 

Laxmikant, Shekhar Kapoor, Sridevi and Boney Kapoor at the premiere of Mr. India

Rare pics of the cast and crew at the lavish premiere of Mr India 

No comments:

Post a Comment