Friday 8 October 2010

Sridevi, Anil Kapoor in London, in Rajasthan, on the sets of Lamhe: Behind the scenes of an Indian classic: Yash Chopra, Silsila and Lamhe are my favourite


Italic
Sridevi on the sets of Lamhe.
























Yash Chopra, "Casting Sridevi in Lamhe wasn't so easy, because the novelty of working with each other and exploring the other person's creative parameters wears off after sometime. But there are exceptions to he rule. Like Amitabh was. Like Sridevi is. 

Chandni ke baad mujhe Sridevi samajh aa gayi thi. [After the film Chandni, I understood Sridevi] I was surprised, I was impressed, I was dazzled by her talent. Now for Lamhe I had to think 'ab main use kaise surprise karoon.' How do I change the look from Chandni! How do I make her explore the character? But we worked at it and succeeded. So much so that we both enjoyed ourselves tremendously. In London, Sridevi told me, 'I've never been so happy in my whole life.'










 

 

 

 

  

Sridevi and Anil Kapoor in Lamhe

Quick Q&A with producer/director Yash Chopra after Lamhe


You've worked with so many actors. What was the experience like? 
Yash Chopra: When you watch Sridevi during rehearsals, you get the feeling that her mind is elsewhere but when it comes to the shot, she's all there and adds to the shot.

Lamhe at the box office...
If they ran they were termed good and if they failed they were called bad. But I'd like to say that whatever I made was done with conviction. I made films on my own terms without any compromises. I made what I believed in. If the film didn't do well, I take full responsibility for it. I can't blame the audience for rejecting it. Silsila and Lamhe are still remembered but they didn't run.

Which of your films are closest to your heart? 
Lamhe and Silsila are foremost. I'm very emotional about them. Deewar, Dhool Ka Phool and Chandni also had some great moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment