Tuesday 31 January 2012

First Cut: English Vinglish (2012): Sridevi and Gauri Shinde make news

FIRST CUT by Harshita Vaishnav, Shabdita Shrivastav (January 28, 2012) 

English Vinglish 

Cast: Sridevi 
Director: Gauri Shinde 
Genre: Drama 
 Plot: The film is about a married woman who doesn’t understand English but is married to a highly educated man. The story revolves around the tensions between the couple and how the woman overcomes these issues. 

Her Background: Gauri Shinde is the wife of producer/director R Balki, a big name down South and who also directed Paa featuring Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan and Vidya Balan. Shinde has directed a short film, Y Not? (2004). Apart from directing English Vinglish, Sridevi’s comeback film, Shinde has also written the script. 

Her Take: It was a fabulous experience working with Sridevi. She is a supreme actress and I think she is the best in the country. I became her fan after working with her and after watching her perform. I am still wondering where she was for so long! She is born to act. Casting was a little difficult initially as the role demanded someone who was mature and had great acting skills. Then it just happened. Basically, my husband (Balki) met Boney Kapoor and Sridevi was there too. She inquired about me, and my husband said I was writing a script. She was so excited after listening to the concept that I narrated the script to her later. That’s when I realised that she was perfect for the role and eventually it just happened.

From http://www.boxofficeindia.co.in/first-cut/4/

No comments:

Post a Comment