Saturday 29 December 2012

Mr India 2 - a while away


We met the stunning Sridevi over a sumptuous lunch yesterday. The superstar was excited about the upcoming world television premiere of her widely appreciated film English Vinglish.

Gauri Shinde’s much-appreciated film English Vinglish reiterated two things quite solidly – one, that every successful film doesn’t have to belong to the coveted Rs 100 crore club, and two, that Sridevi is still a powerhouse of acting talent.We met the intelligent director and the fabulous actor yesterday at a suburban restaurant in Mumbai, as the two were gearing up for the world television premiere of their film on December 29, 2012, on Zee Cinema.


“I believed in Gauri Shinde’s conviction for this project. I had faith in this movie and followed Gauri’s instructions blindly. The result, as you can see, is overwhelming,” said Sridevi.


The 49-year-old turned up in a body-hugging brown outfit that made her look absolutely stunning. She is happy about how her film has been received by the audience. “The film has a solid message. After watching the film my daughter Jhanavi told me that her friends started crying. They came out of the theatre and felt sorry, and they confessed that they were taking their mothers for granted. That in my opinion is a huge achievement of the film. I was moved,” Sridevi added.


After making a stunning comeback to the silver screen after 15 years Sri will now choose her future projects carefully. “Well, if you ask me what next, I would say that I am looking forward to my husband Boney Kapoor’s next release, No Entry Main Entry. I am really excited about Mr India 2 also, but nothing has been finalised yet,” said the quintessential Hawa Hawaii!


Gauri Shinde, who accompanied Sridevi to lunch was happy about the way her first directorial venture was received. So will the director do more woman-centric films in the future, we asked. “Not really! There was no conscious decision to make a woman-centric movie when I made English Vinglish, though it turned out to be one! In the future, I would like to do human-centric films, for sure,” said Shinde with a giggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment