Friday 10 October 2014

Karva Chauth: Sridevi celebrates annually

Sridevi


I have been celebrating Karva Chauth for almost 20 years now. Earlier, we would go to my mother-in-law's place, but after my father-in-law passed away, we have been going to Anil's (Kapoor) house. This year too, we'll be celebrating it there.

A day before Karva Chauth, all the women in our family get together and we apply mehndi on our hands. The next day, we all come together to perform the puja at around 4.30 pm and then, there is an endless wait for the moon. I feel that on Karva Chauth, the moon always shows up later than the usual time (laughs). All of us wait on the terrace anxiously and it seems like an eternal wait. Since I don't even drink water during the fast, I get a bit more impatient. I always break my fast with the water used for the puja. After that, all the three families and close friends have dinner together.

I also dress up for the occasion by wearing bright colours and heavy jewellery. I almost dress like a bride (laughs). You pray for your family everyday, but it's nice to pray for your husband's well-being on this day.

From TOI

Archive:

Sridevi's look at various weddings.

Sridevi's look as a bride from several films here.

No comments:

Post a Comment