Wednesday 4 February 2015

R Balki: Sridevi is an Original


Excerpt from an interview with R Balki Images from the archives of when Sridevi interacted with producer of the film English Vinglish, R Balki, and his wife writer/producer/director Gauri Shinde.

Excerpt from Times of India: Each of your films seem to be concept based and extremely original.
I don't want to make a great film or a funny film. I want to try an idea that has not been done before. That is my trip. I am also a fan of people who have tried something different and have originality written all over them. For instance, Amitji is an original. You can't have another Amitabh Bachchan. Ilaiyaraaja is an original. PC Sreeram is an original, Sridevi is an original. People ask me what I like the most about Dhanush. It is that he is an original. Being original is a rare commodity in our industry and that is what I am hungry for. 
 
From TOI.  





Update: This was the last dinner Sridevi and her family had with Gauri Shinde and R Balki. 2017.






No comments:

Post a Comment