Wednesday 3 June 2015

Sridevi in and as Banjaran (1991)



Sridevi in the film Banjaran (1991):

In an interview with Cine Blitz, Sridevi spoke about the reaction to her appearance in the film Banjaran;

"...there are moments when I’ve been really transported somewhere up in the clouds. Like for instance, recently I wanted to see Banjaran. I missed all the trials as I wasn’t in town, and finally, I had no choice but to go and see the film in a suburban theatre. It was there that I actually saw and felt the kind of impact that I had on the masses. I was bowled over to see them whistle, clap, shout and applaud every little gesture of mine. They’d wait for me to come on in every frame. I could very well have reached out and literally touched their love, the adoration, it was at that time that I felt much more than a very successful movie star, more than the reigning Queen Bee that you just called me. I felt truly special. I nearly cried while leaving the theatre before the film ended."


No comments:

Post a Comment