Tuesday 4 August 2015

Sridevi: "I'm very much a Chennaiite at heart": Tamil audio launch of Puli




At the PULI audio launch.


Its been 27 years since her last Tamil film, but Sridevi remains every inch the diva she always was. Dressed in a deep plum chiffon saree, the actress came to attend the audio launch of her upcoming Tamil film Puli.

Speaking slowly and hesitantly in Tamil, she said, “It’s been a long time since I attended an event here, and I’m very happy to be back in Chennai as part of this event for my Tamil film. I was apprehensive on the first day of shooting. I thank Chimbudevan for giving me this great opportunity and I was amazed to see Vijay’s humbleness on the sets. People always ask me whether I miss Tamil Nadu. I was born and brought up in Chennai. My heart is always here. Though I live in Mumbai, I have never felt that I’m out of my hometown.”


No comments:

Post a Comment