Monday 3 April 2017

Jeetendra, "I admired Sridevi then, I admire Sridevi now"


Jeetendra and Sridevi
On the eve of actor Jeetendra turning 75, he's been doing a spate of interviews. One of Sridevi's most frequent co-stars (they did 15 films together) has nothing but good things to say about her. "As far as Sridevi is concerned, I admired her when she was a newcomer and I admire her even now. Do you know that she wasn’t the original choice for Himmatwala? It was supposed to be Rekha. But somehow Sri landed the role and the rest is history. She’s a fabulous dancer. I was a totaram (parrot), I would just parrot my steps and keep doing rehearsals. Sri got her steps down pat the first time around but she’d patiently rehearse with me. Her dedication should be applauded."

A random selection of images from the 15 films the two appeared in during the 1980s; Jeetendra and Sridevi.












Click to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment