Saturday 16 October 2010

Shilpa Shetty fangirls on Sridevi: Recreates Chandni look for photoshoot

Shilpa Shetty has been a fan of Sridevi for years - a collection of quotes pertaining to her fan-girl status below;

Shilpa Shetty, "Oh I'm totally in awe of Sridevi. She is so very beautiful and has such a terrific personality. I do envy her, especially her attractive eyes. Like Sridevi, I'm also tall and that feels real good."

Shilpa Shetty, "Sridevi is my Inspiration."

Rediff; You reminded me of Sridevi in the film [Rishtey].
Shilpa Shetty: You are kidding, right? My God, that's the best compliment anyone can give me. Sridevi is my biggest inspiration. She is my favourite actress. I have grown up watching her films.

Her comic timing was amazing. Remember Chaalbaaz? If I can achieve even one-fourth of her comic timing, I consider myself very lucky.

From Rediff, Shilpa Shetty Interview.

Shilpa Shetty, "Sridevi had a quality that made her dancing stand out from everyone else. That's basically the reason she is one of our country's dancing divas..."

From: India Forums: Shilpa Shetty interview.

Sridevi and Shilpa Shetty get Waxed!


Shilpa Shetty and Sridevi were in Delhi on November 22nd to unveil their own wax mannequins in a jewellery store. To push it's sales, PP Jewellers hired the sculptors from Madame Tussaud's museum and they made the mannequins for both the actress. Both the pieces were flown in from London in a special aircraft and were kept in an air-conditioned room before their launch.

News on Indiafm.com
Nov 27, 2000

Sridevi, Shilpa waxed!
22nd Nov 2000 15.13 IST
By ApunKaChoice Bureau

Bollywood beauties Sridevi and Shilpa Shetty needn't lose heart that they lost in the competition in getting a place at Madame Tussaud's to the ethereal Aishwarya.


Sculptors, who have carved wax mannequins at the London's famous wax museum, have been hired by an upmarket jeweller of New Delhi to carve out mannequins of Sridevi and Shilpa. This new experiment will definitely raise eyebrows and interest in India and the jewellery showroom is bound to get publicity.

The wax mannequins are ready and will arrive any moment to New Delhi from London. A showroom employee reveals that the mannequins will be kept in an air-conditioned room so that they do not melt.

As it appears obviously, placing wax mannequins of film stars in shops are mere gimmicks to attract customers, but thanks to the gimmick, India gets its first wax mannequins of its favorite matinee idols.

Indian actresses Sridevi and Shilpa Shetty at the inauguration of a jewellery shop in New Delhi on November 22, 1999.


UPDATE: 

 At the premiere of English Vinglish, 2012, Shilpa Shetty, "I am the greatest Sridevi fan - we are NOTHING compared to her."

No comments:

Post a Comment