Wednesday 28 November 2012

Sunidhi Chauhan fans out at Sridevi: "I want to sing for Sridevi!"

Sunidhi Chauhan, pic by Douglas Pieterse



Let's hear it for the power of positive thinking.

Around two years ago, in an interview, the gifted singer Sunidhi Chauhan had remarked that she feels great to have sung for all the leading ladies in contemporary Bollywood. Be it Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor or Priyanka Chopra, she was the voice behind the actresses of today in Bollywood. 

"But I'm so blessed that I even got to sing for Rekhaji (Kaisi Paheli from Parineeta) and Madhuri Dixit (Aaja Nachle's fabulous title song)."

Indeed, but is there anyone left?

"Well, I've heard Srideviji's planning to do a film, and I hope I get the chance to sing for her too," she said wistfully as English Vinglish, at the time, was a distant flick in the horizon. "I just love her comedy."

As the writer Paulo Coelho wrote in The Alchemist, "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." 

And by some divine conspiracy indeed, Sunidhi sang for Sridevi in the melodious finale track of English Vinglish, Navrai Maajhi

Watch a brief clip of the amazing song (and lovely littl' dance) by Sridevi in English Vinglish here.
 
If you will it, it will come true.


More of our conversation with Sunidhi Chauhan here.

UPDATE
: After the sudden demise of Sridevi, the singer spoke to the press again. Excerpts;

"... Sunidhi feels lucky as she got the chance to sing for her movie. She said, "At that point in my childhood, I never thought that I would get a chance to sing for her. But surprisingly it happened, when she made her comeback with English Vinglish, I sang the song Navrai Majhi for her. And then when I saw her performing to it with my voice, in the theatre, I became emotional."

 The singer is still in shock after getting the news. She said, "I still do not want to believe that Srideviji is gone. I will always be in shock. I don't think I will ever believe she is gone."

The whole world is in grief. Sridevi's mortal remains will be brought to India today and the funeral will be conducted afterwards. Fans and celebs are paying their condolences to the family. 

For more log on to Bollywood Life here.

No comments:

Post a Comment