Blame it on the startling images, body lingo and free talkin' heard in the Hollywood movies, Star TV, V channel... whatever. Or blame it on the trying times. After riots, conflagrations and blasts, nothing could detonate our senses. As Pooja Bhatt puts it, "So much has happened that I'm shock proof."
Striking a more personal note, Hema Malini states, "Everything shocks me but I can't talk about private matters. If I did, I’d be very embarrassed."
Ten film personalities were polled on what shakes and stirs them:
Sridevi
I'm shocked by poverty! I know it's there but whenever I come face to face with it, I cannot understand why life has to be this way. When I'm in Madras, I try my best to help orphaned children, the blind and those affected by polio. I visit them regularly, I ensure that they have food to eat. The plight of small helpless children is heart wrenching.
I love children. Many of the kids I meet are very little or mentally retarded. They don't know who I am. Some of the older ones do recognise me but I'm not a star when I visit them. They talk to me about my films, they point out the ones they liked and the ones they've detested.
After spending time with the kids, I can't help feeling depressed. Because I can't really do much for them, the problem is so enormous.

No comments:
Post a Comment