Sunday 24 July 2011

Boney Kapoor and Sahara to co-produce films

Producer Boney Kapoor, who has joined the Sahara group of companies as a member of their board of directors will now join hands with Sahara to co-produce films. 

Says Boney, "I haven't just joined Sahara as a director but I also head their entire entertainment branch. All the television and film entertainment will be monitored by me. So yes, I'll be co-producing all my own films with Sahara." 

Also, on the anvil is a film featuring Boney's lovely wife Sridevi who makes her comeback into acting with Gauri Shinde's English Vinglish

Boney has his own dream project for his wife in the pipeline which will now be jointly produced by him and Sahara. This Sridevi-Boney venture won't be Mr India 2, as no screenplay for the sequel to the much-loved Shekhar Kapoor has been cracked. Incidentally, Sahara and Boney had joined hands in 2008 for Sridevi's sitcom Malini Iyer which didn't work. 

Says Boney proudly, "Sridevi is doing one film at the moment. Whether she chooses to take up more acting assignments or not is entirely her prerogative. Contrary to reports neither she nor I need worry about our finances. By the grace of God, Sri is a very rich woman. I am no pauper either. She doesn't need my income to support her lifestyle, although everything I've is hers and my two daughters. In fact she has supported me when I was in a crisis some years ago. Today we're both capable of looking after our home without worrying about money." 

Boney also informs us that all his future film productions will be co-produced by Sahara. Says Boney, "It's a big responsibility. When Sahara chief Subrato Sen called me, it wasn't because I was the most successful or the most capable producer around. I think he saw my past record. I've had a good 30 years of experience as a film producer. Yes, I've occasionally been on my back-foot. But I think I've managed to prove my capabilities in film production. I hope to turn around the fortunes of Sahara's entertainment section, not because I think of myself as a magician but a person who understands how this business works." 


By Subhash K. Jha, 
July 22, 2011 
14:58 IST From Bollywoodhungama

No comments:

Post a Comment