Saturday 29 February 2020

Manish Malhotra reflects on the "worst moments" when Sridevi passed away

Designer Manish Malhotra, "[I] launched my own label in 2005. But it hasn’t been an easy journey… When Sridevi passed away, it was probably one of the worst moments of my life, professionally and personally. But through it all, my work kept me going. I began as a costume designer, and today I’m a fashion designer who’s working with the 4th generation of actors! And this year, I’ll complete 30 years in the industry..."

More at https://www.instagram.com/p/B9Gwm-IB7wl/?utm_source=ig_embed

Left: Sridevi with Manish Malhotra and her youngest daughter Khushi Kapoor, Feb 2018. 

TBT: Manish Malhotra 
27 February 2018 · Mumbai, India · 

 "Sridevi and I first met in 1990 when she was already a superstar and I was beginning my career. Working with an icon I always called her “Ma’am” and that was a turning point in my career, as it was the beginning of many associations and a longstanding friendship beyond work. We have seen each other grow professionally and personally. It was amazing to see the roles she blossomed into, her passion for painting, and the doting wife and mother that she was.

I met Sridevi very recently in Dubai and we just had so much to share. The news that she is no longer with us comes as a shock. I will always cherish the precious memories of a friend who was and forever will be an iconic superstar." - Manish Malhotra, From Facebook.

 A gem lost too soon, a star that will never fade. A lively spirit who touched the hearts of millions and forever served as an inspiration to many. You will be cherished and deeply missed. #RIPSridevi




No comments:

Post a Comment