Sunday 30 August 2020

Famous Fan: Rupali Ganguly with Sridevi

Famous Fan: Rupali Ganguly joins our long lis of Famous Fans of Sridevi. 

Anupamaa actor Rupali Ganguly shared her fondest memories about Sridevi on her birthday. Rupali's father Anil Ganguly was a well-known film director and also the reason why Rupali grew up amongst superstars. The one person she always enamoured her had been the one and only Sridevi. 

Rupali says, “I have met many superstars at our place and parties also but I have never taken a photograph with anyone. Sridevi is the only actress with whom I have clicked a picture. Once I met her on the set of Joshilay and I remember she touched my head and I refused to wash my hair for a long time! A couple of years back, at an award function, I met her again. I was so awestruck that I couldn’t say a word. But, then gradually I went up to her and asked her for a selfie and also requested if I can hug her. I also told her about my acting career and then she said yes I have seen you in Aatish’s show (Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai). After hearing that, I was on cloud nine.” 

Rupali also revealed how her passing away affected her personally. “I cried inconsolably when Sridevi passed away, I also went to see her and paid my last respects." 

Rupali was recently seen dancing to Sridevi's iconic song 'Hawa Hawai', about the same, she added, 

"Recently I shot the iconic song Hawa Hawai from Mr.India in Anupamaa and I can't thank Rajan Shahi enough to give me such an opportunity. I have danced in that song for so many times. If audiences are comparing me with her I will take this as a biggest compliment of my acting career.”

No comments:

Post a Comment