Saturday 27 November 2021

Sridevi quote, unquote, "I can act also!"

"In Tamil films, they love to see me act naturally. But in Hindi films, they want a lot of glamour, richness and masala. My bad luck was that my first big hit in Hindi films turned out to be a commercial one (Himmatwala). When I did a character role in Sadma, the picture flopped. So people started casting me only for glamour roles. But one day I'm going to prove to everyone that I can act also." 

-- Sridevi, 1987 

Sridevi and Jeetendra had four releases in 1983, starting off with the biggest hit of the year, Himmatwala. Then came Jaani Dost, Justice Chaudhary and Mawaali and all proved successful at the box-office. 

Left: Sridevi from a glam magazine shoot in the 1980s. Below, Sridevi in a Tamil film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment