Saturday 8 October 2022

Amitabh Bachchan and Sridevi in Aakhree Raasta (1986)

So much has been written about Sridevi opting out of Amitabh Bachchan films in the 1980s. 

Sridevi in her own words, "I did Aakhree Raasta only because I had already signed the producers other film Khabardaar, which got shelved. I did not back out because of my good relations with him. In Aaakhree Raasta I had a small role but there was also Jaya Pradha. It would have made no difference if I was in the film or not. Today I would never accept such an offer even if it had Amitabh Bachchan in it. It's not that I become too big to do such films. I wouldn't mind doing a small role, as long as I'm the only heroine in the film...."

#TBH most of the films they did together weren't all that great - except Khuda Gawah of course and the much loved cameo of Amitabh Bachchan in English Vinglish... 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment