Friday, 22 March 2024

Golden still from Judaai: Upsana Singh, Sridevi and Johnny Lever on set


Stills from Judaai: Upsana Singh, Sridevi and Johnny Lever on set.

Sridevi's all gold ensemble was talked about in the 1990s. She looked so beautiful in the movie. 


When they filmed Judaai back in 1996, Sridevi was 33 years old, while Upasana Singh was 21. 

Upasana Singh has frequently cited her lifelong admiration for Sridevi as the primary reason she signed on for her breakthrough role in the hit comedy-drama which hit the screens in 1997. 

Despite being hesitant about playing a double role where the daughter character had no real spoken lines other than the repetitive phrase "Abba Dabba Jabba", she agreed instantly once she learned she would share the screen with Sridevi. 

"I said yes to the film without even reading the script as I was a huge fan of Sridevi. I grew up admiring Sridevi, and it was a big moment for me to work with her. I played the roles of a mother and a mute woman, who just says 'abba dabba jabba'. I was not convinced about it, but went with the director's conviction... And it clicked!" 
Source: Hindustan Times / The Times of India (ETimes Interview) 

"When I met director Raj Kanwar, he told me that it was a double role... I was a huge fan of Sridevi who was the lead in Judaai. I asked the director whether I would have any scenes with Sridevi. He said yes. So, I said okay." 
Source: The Times of India (ETimes Exclusive) 

"When Sridevi told me, 'You are a very good actress'...I was so happy!" 
Source: The Lallantop (Video Interview)

No comments:

Post a Comment