Monday 19 August 2024

Happy Rakshabandhan: Sridevi with her brother Satish: Rare pic

Many across India are celebrating Rakhi today, this rare image of Sridevi with her brother/step-brother/cousin (we don't know!). And the only quote about him from our archive: 

 

G magazine: Earlier you couldn't do without your sister Sreelatha. Now your brother Satish has become indispensable. 
Sridevi: See, I don't think it is nice to say such things. They are my siblings after all. Latha accompanied me because I cannot go everywhere alone. Once she got married, I needed somebody to be with me. My mother is no more in a condition to travel. The passing away of my father has affected her greatly. Thankfully, I have a brother who is ready to accompany me on my outdoors. It is not fair that journalists should go on and on first about my mother, then sister and now brother.

-- From G magazine interview in 1995, full interview in the archive here.

No comments:

Post a Comment