Wednesday 13 October 2010

Madhuri Dixit presents Sridevi the Best Actress Award: Sridevi wins for Telugu film Kshana Kshanam

Madhuri Dixit presenting the Best Actress award to Sridevi for Kshana Kshanam, one of the very few instances where the two leading ladies shared a dais.

Sridevi excerpt;  

Sridevi, "I'm very excited when I win an award for a Telugu or Tamil film. Kshana Kshanam was in my mother tongue Telugu, and a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Despite my commitments in Bombay I like doing an occasional film in South. I choose my assignments on the basis of the banner and the director. That automatically ensures that I will have a good role in the film.

I avoid films that do not give importance to my characterisation. Double roles are my favourite, as they allow me to add various shades to the dual-performance. I've worked with all top heroes in the South like Chiranjeevi, Nagarjuna, and Venkatesh (my co-star in Kshana Kshanam). But it's only in Bombay that there's much hue and cry when I sign a film with Salman Khan or Rahul Roy.

This is my fourth Filmfare award after the Tamil film Meendum Kokila in 81, Chaalbaaz in 89 and Lamhe in 91."
-- Sridevi speaks to Filmfare just after winning an award in 1993.

See the comprehensive list of Sridevi's awards and nominations here.





No comments:

Post a Comment