Monday 4 April 2011

Sridevi's Arty Outing




At 47, actor Sridevi is experimenting with different strokes. Apart from gearing up for a Bollywood comeback in an R Balki film, she is all set to come up with her own art show. “I’m thinking of having an exhibition very soon. But for that, you need at least 30-40 paintings, and I have around 20,”


says the 90s star, whose passion for painting isn’t known to many. Ask her why she chose to keep this side of her away from the limelight, and she says, “Well, keeping it hidden from the world wasn’t my intention at all. I would love to share my work with everyone. I mostly paint figures and moods of people, and I’ve been gifting my works to my friends. Half of the paintings are in my Madras house, and the other half in my Bombay house.”
It’s the calmness about art that drew her to it, she adds. “The entire process, for me, is very relaxing. It’s also a great way of expressing yourself.”

The Mr India star, who is on the cover of wellness glossy asia Spa India’s seventh anniversary issue, pleads ignorance about the rumoured presence of Amitabh Bachchan in the movie that she is doing. “It’ll be great to work with him. But, the director (Gauri Shinde) and the producer (R Balki) would be the right people to ask about this,” she says.


Robin Bansal, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, April 02, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment