Saturday, 13 August 2011
Filmfare Editor Jitesh Pillai tweets about Sridevi!
As one of the most influential voices in Mumbai's movie media (going through a love of alliteration this week), Jitesh Pillai tweets on Sridevi on her birthday, August 13. We're overwhelmed and thrilled.
13. Who remembers darwaza khula rakhna (chaand ka tukda) and the marilyn monroeish number from gumraah.
12. Also a superb seduction sequence cum song with salman khan in chandramukhi. Song lifted from illayaraja's song from apu raja:)
11. Gumraah, her jailbreak and her breakdown scenes were masterful. Guess what I liked her garba in aaj radha ko shaam yaad (chaand ka tukda)
10. I also thought she was stunning in gumraah and khuda gawah. Also very good in bharatan's last malayalam film deva raagam:)
9. Raise your hands whoever like sridevi in jaanbaaz and joshilaay? She was yummicilious
8. I enjoy watching her sparring and comic scenes with anil kapoor in roop ki rani choron ka raja, judaai and laadla
7. It was cornball but I like ungli main angoothi(ram avtar). Ramesh sippy had cast madhuri and sri in zameen. But that got shelved
6. I feel sridevi's sparkling performances in inquilaab, suhaagan, jaag utha insaan, Aadmi aur apsara, nazrana sadly went unnoticed
5. Jaag utha insaan, Are u ready(nakabandi), bad girl(guru), main teri dushman(nagina), tu mujhe kabool(khuda gawah) other sri favourites
4. In hindi ofcourse, kaate nahi katte, hawa hawai (mr india), na jaane (chaalbaaz), mera kaha(gurudev), morni(lamhe), main sasural(chandni)
3. Will never forget her superb dances with chiranjeevi(jagadeka veerudu..),nagarjuna(govinda govinda) and venkatesh(kshana kshanam) in telugu
2. I always maintained though her performances in tamil and telugu were far far superior. Moondram pirai, meendum kokila, johnny,kshana kshanam
1. Happy happy birthday to the fabulous sridevi. Our early teens were spent rocking to chaalbaaz, mr india, lamhe and chandni. Fab actor:)
Jitesh Pillai on twitter.