Thursday 4 June 2015

Famous Fan: Sudeep: "Sridevi is an epitome of perfection"

Actor Sudeep, "Srideviji is the queen of my kingdom and I play her thalapathy (Commander) [in Puli]. She is a good queen while I'm an evil one. But Chimbudevan has presented my role in a unique way. If it was just a villain, he wouldn't have called me. Of course, there is something more to all this, which I cannot reveal. I will be sporting a new look... with long hair and blue eyes.

Srideviji is an epitome of perfection. Recently, when we were shooting for a scene together, I was noticing her minute expression. Suddenly, I realized that I didn't act. I was just standing and watching her. I later had to re-shoot those portions. What came to my mind then was Mr. India. I've watched her films so many times and little did I wonder that I would be working with an icon. The way she has maintained herself, the aura she carries — she easily makes anybody feel old. Sometimes, you wish you aren't in the shot. On the first day of the shoot, she came up to me and said, 'I saw Eega and you were wonderful'. I was smiling so much that I didn't say anything...."

From Times of India - click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment