Sridevi looking gorgeous as always. Love the casual chic of the white sweater, cap, the hoops... so '90s! So gorgeous!
Notice the 'new' star Akshay Kumar taking minimal space on the cover as Sridevi dominates real estate.
Cover Tag and Headlines: Sridevi steps into the nervous Nineties!
February 1991
Update: Response to the Showtime cover story below. Some of the fan responses are wild!
Excerpt:
Sridevi, "The past year, 1990, has been a bad year for me. I lost my father and I had just one release." Which fetched her an award [Best Actress Filmfare for Lamhe], we add, and she, for the first time in the half-hour that we had spent talking, a lovely smile illuminates her face. "Yes," she says softly, but before she could slip further away into her memories, one wonders if she has any hopes for the year...
..Sridevi, "Khuda Gawah, Banjaran, Gurudev, all the problems with them have been solved, and we'll start shooting soon. Raj Sippy will be directing Gurudev, Farishtay is the film I am really looking forward to. I am satisfied with my performance -- stop laughing -- I am serious. I mean it!" she said, all the while laughing herself. "After Chaalbaaz, my character in Farishtay is so complete, so full, you wait and see!"!
"I want all my films to do well, I work hard in them...."
-- Sridevi, SHOWTIME, February 1991





.webp)











No comments:
Post a Comment