Monday 1 June 2015

Famous Fan: Kareena Kapoor on Sridevi: "Sridevi and Challabaaz is the reason I'm an actress!"


Kareena Kapoor yet again states that Sridevi is her fav actress.

"Kareena Kapoor, “Sridevi and Chaalbaaz are the reasons I love being called glamorous”


Chaalbaaz was the film for me. I’m a huge fan of Sridevi, the original diva who rose above hits and flops, who worked with the biggest stars but held her own. She was one woman who never had to do heroine-oriented films to prove her talent. She worked in entertaining masala movie whose songs are iconic. I have learned all my expressions from Chaalbaaz.

Sridevi showcased her histrionics not in a defeated, no make-up avatar, but as a glamorous diva… Long eyelashes, complete eye makeup, full lips… The reason I love being called glamorous, the reason I promised myself that I’d be a proud commercial film heroine is Chaalbaaz.”

An archive of Kareena quotes (and images) about Sridevi here.







We did a random google image search of Kareena Kapoor with Sridevi and dozens of pics popped up. The two have never worked together on screen, but share such a warm camaraderie off-screen. Be it stage shows, award ceremonies, ad shoots, red carpet events, the duo warm to each other. Cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment