Tuesday 3 July 2018

Scandal: Sridevi and Boney Kapoor: Bollywood news 1997: Superstar Sridevi announces marriage, motherhood


This image was taken when Sridevi and Boney Kapoor first made an official announcement to the public and press that they had married and Sri was expecting her first child. The images from this press conference held in Chennai went around the world. Be it in New York or Hong Kong, Russia or London, mere speculation morphed into news as Sridevi bid adieu to Bollywood for parenthood back in 1997.

Sridevi did not answer any qs while Boney Kapoor fielded the questions pelted by the papz.



click to enlarge


1 comment:

  1. During this time period just a month or so before she got married I met her at a Chennai hospital where her mother was admitted for treatment. I used to work at that hospital and was familiar with people there. She smiled sweetly at me and initiated a conversation with me. It could have been the fact that my Dad and husband worked in the South film industry or the fact that I had worked at the hospital whichever it was, she was very eager to talk to me. She looked so ethereal and beautiful. she spoke very softly and slowly. Told me she had left shooting in America to be with her mom. "nothing like having your own kids next to you" she said. Told me the details of her mom's condition and was so eager to be assured of her recovery. I feel so sad that such a beautiful and talented girl had to die so early. Her love for her mom was so evident. She must have loved her children so dearly. I grieve for their loss.

    ReplyDelete