Friday 22 March 2019

Kamal Haasan's thoughts on Sridevi

“Mrs. Sridevi Kapoor, astounding talent was not luck. It was well deserved and she worked for it from childhood. I have known her from her teens and she was a child when she worked with me. Mr. (K) Balachander gave me the responsibility of correcting her acting and dance moves. When she came she was not as talented but she developed every day and learnt. I was astounded by her trying. She was fond of me and I fond of her. Her tracks diverted and she became a superstar in Hindi films. She acted in 27 films with me and in all languages. The moments we had together were all in film shootings. We worked continuously that her personal life was on the periphery. The kind of dedication she had truly matched mine. No wonder we were fond of each other.

I saw her last month and we are not prone to showing emotions but we both hugged each her. The Sadma song rings in my ears now and it’s a great lullaby for this talented and beautiful Sridevi. She had a happy life. My deepest condolences to the family, her children and I know how much she loved her daughters. I found both mother and daughter cuddling each other and I made fun of her. Poor child is going to miss all that.”
Shama Bhagat


No comments:

Post a Comment