Tuesday 17 September 2019

Sridevi quotes


Hits and flops were a part of Sridevi's career and spanning 266 films. And she genuinely wasn't too anxious about a film's fate - as long as she worked hard. She said this in early interviews in the 80s, 90s and even during her comeback when the press asked her if she was worried about the box-office of English Vinglish or Mom.

Here's what she said in the 90s - very matter of fact - when the tabloids pestered her about success.

"Several big films including Sultanat had flopped before Mr. India. Then again, I had a string of flops before and after Nagina. Until Chandni. So, this has happened throughout my career. I started with a flop called Solva Saawan, remember? Yet, I was welcomed back in Himmatwala. Which again was followed by a flop, Sadma. So what's new?"

-- From MOVIE magazine cover story: The Tigress Crouches.


"My favourite singers are Michael Jackson and Barbra Streisand. Especially Michael Jackson. His voice is soft and soothing, his songs relax me. And he dances superbly. I never tried dancing to his music..."

-- From Cine Blitz, From Sridevi with Love.


"Though I don’t talk too much, of late I’ve been thinking a lot about my life, my roles. That might help me to get a clearer view about what I’m doing. I think I have matured as a person, I have become calmer. Whatever has happened to me in life – good or bad – has been for the best. I’ve understood that you can’t fight destiny."

-- From Filmfare magazine, Encore! 


"When Jaya Prada dropped in to offer condolences for my father, for one minute I was absolutely stunned. I did not know how to react as she said, "I'm very sorry that this happened." After she left, I found myself moved to tears by her sincerity. I'm very touched by Jaya's gesture."

-- From MOVIE magazine, Who Killed the Woman in Sridevi?


"I am an ordinary woman myself. I lead a very ordinary, normal life even if nobody is willing to believe it."

-- From G magazine, Getting Ready Again?

No comments:

Post a Comment