Friday 15 May 2020

Ten Sridevi Quotes


Ten Sridevi quotes from her past interviews.



  1. "I'm miserable only when I'm told that I'm not good in the film. The box-office faring is not in my control. So I don't get depressed."



3. "The last 15 years have been another beautiful journey. It was a pleasure watching my daughters grow up. I believe every woman must experience this else your life isn’t complete."

4. "My main concern was that I should be comfortable working with the director. Who the hero was never mattered to me. Of course the hero is important to the film and gives it weight."

5. "I’d love to work with Shekhar Kapur again. He brought out the best in me in Mr India. I’d also like to work with Ashutosh Gawariker, Farhan Akhtar, Rakeysh Mehra, Raj Kumar Santoshi and Gauri Shinde."


6. "At this stage in my life and career, I don't hanker for any awards. But the Padma Shri is special. It shows that the government has recognised my work, and that feels good."

7. "I can never forget the standing ovation [for the film English Vinglish] which the audience gave at the Toronto International Film Festival. It was simply amazing. First time in my career, I saw such a reaction from a live audience and it was really overwhelming."


8. "With my mother there was a lot of respect. I never had the guts to tell my mother whatever I wanted. In fact, all my heroes would be scared of my mother. This generation is different. Jhanvi treats me like a friend and confides in me."

9.."I don’t know if I’ve changed. Earlier I used to refrain from commenting perhaps because I didn’t want to hurt people. Not that I want to hurt anyone now. Perhaps I was holding back because I’d been misguided a couple of times and so chose not to say anything."

10. "I can only attribute my success to my ability to make the best of my talent, looks and luck. I don't think sheer hard work helps. So many people work hard, but all of them don't make it to the top."



No comments:

Post a Comment