Saturday 3 October 2020

Fanboy and Sridevi: Fanning out at India's biggest female superstar

Thanks to fan Probir, we have these behind-the-scenes images of Sridevi from 2012.

"This [images below] was during the Zoom TV interview shoot for English Vinglish with Madhureeta Mukherjee. She's a very good friend of mine, and knowing my madness for Sridevi, she called me for the shoot. This iconic poster was a gift from my wife Sriparna. And it was her idea to make me carry the poster. 

I just kept standing awestruck through the shoot, looking at Sridevi and hearing her. After the shoot, Madhureeta asked her to wait for a die-hard fan and I stepped in. We unrolled the Chandni poster and the smile on Sridevi's face was the same indescribable one that the world fell for so many times. As she was writing on the poster, she looked up at me asking me to spell my name. I knelt down and told her... And then continued rambling about my thoughts and feelings for her... She smiled through it all. And then I told her that she has to be in Mr. India 2 when it's made, because we need Hawa Hawaii back... The Diva laughed and said, "I will tell Boneyji." 

As we stood up, she said, "Bye" and I told her she has to do another Yash Chopra film like Chandni and Lamhe, to complete the trilogy. The Goddess replied, "Where is the script?" And with a smile she left. 

Probir Sengupta is a Creative Director, at a leading advertising agency.
Probir Sengupta on twttier (https://twitter.com/procreating): 


 











Pls note above: Sridevi signs her name "Sreedevi" not, Sridevi. Hmm. We've got the name of our blog wrong for... 20 years!! 



1 comment:

  1. ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน Sridevi

    ReplyDelete