Thursday 22 October 2020

Rajinikanth, Sridevi and Sunny Deol in Chaalbaaz (1989)

Rajinikanth, Sridevi and Sunny Deol in Chaalbaaz (1989)


Sridevi, "I knew Hema Malini had one a similar role earlier in Seeta Aur Geeta and so had Dilip Kumar in Ram Aur Shyam, but that didn't stop me from interpreting the role in my own style. I just did my role without giving much thought to the past. The director Pankaj Parashar has the knack of making even a simple and seemingly inconsequential scene like my going to meet Sunny Deol at home with a a marriage proposal, hilarious. He can improvise tremendously. 

Chaalbaaz would have been a much bigger hit if the climax wasn't so hurriedly shot. The director had to compromise because of the producer. He gave Pankaj just one day to wrap up the climax. Imagine shooting the entire climax with major stars like Rajnikant, Sunny and me, including all the fights in a day. Phir bhi hum logon ne bahut koshish ki…[But still we tried our best]."



No comments:

Post a Comment