Sunday 22 November 2020

29 years of magical Lamhe; Sridevi and Anil Kapoor's finest hours, Yash Chopra's personal favourite


 




Sridevi talked about Lamhe in interviews back in 2012, "I love the film, but I still feel that the climax of the film went wrong. I feel Lamhe can be divided into two halves: the rest of the movie and the climax. Maybe it's my mindset, but I wasn't convinced that  the man (Kunwar Viren Pratrap Singh played by Anil Kapoor) could suddenly fall in love with the daughter (Pooja). Through the film, he keeps telling her that he loves her mother and then suddenly in the climax he says, I love you. She even retorts: Mujhese ya meri soorat se? With me or just my face? His change of heart was too sudden." 





29 years of magical Lamhe; Sridevi and Anil Kapoor's finest hours, Yash Chopra's personal favourite. We have written soooo much about the film and archived everything about one of our all-time favourite Hindi movies. Easily one of the best Indian films ever made. 

Archive of features and images of Lamhe here.



No comments:

Post a Comment