Saturday 27 February 2021

Sridevi talks about the controversial ending of Lamhe: Sri surprises CNN host Rajeev Masand


Sridevi's epilogue on Lamhe, "It was a beautiful film - but I told Yashji, I don't the audience will accept the ending. I told him before the release of the film"


In an earlier interview with Indian Express, Sridevi spoke about Lamhe, "I love the film but I still feel that the climax of the film went wrong. I feel Lamhe can be divided into two halves: the rest of the movie and the climax. Maybe it's my mindset, but I wasn't convinced that the man (Kunwar Viren Pratap Singh played by Anil Kapoor) could suddenly fall in love with the daughter (Pooja). Throughout the film, he keeps telling her that he loves her mother and then suddenly in the climax he says, I love you. She even retorts: Mujhse ya meri soorat se? [With me or with my face?] His change of heart was too sudden. I've always felt this way but Yashji was convinced about his ending and ultimately it's the director's film, and like always, I surrendered." 

This is not a new opinion but something Sridevi said in past interviews too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment