Sunday 7 February 2021

Sridevi's 25 films in Malayalam: Kerala's Poompatta gave Sridevi her first ever award

 

Sridevi did 25 Malayalam films, from child artist at the age of 6, in Kumara Sambhavam (1969) to leading lady in Deva Raagam (1996). 

Kerala fell in love with her in Poompatta (1971) when she won her first award EVER for a faultless performance as an orphaned child struggling with her day to day life. 

A fixture in south Indian tabloids, ads, screens her entire life, its great to find rare images of Sridevi from different states across India; she was indeed last of the pan-national superstars, as famous in Kashmir as she was in Kanyakumari. 


Excerpt

Q: Fabulous linguistic skills must be yours, being one of the early pan-Indian actresses.
Sridevi: Well, I've lived in Tamil Nadu, my mother tongue is Telugu and I then married and settled in Bombay and have had to learn Hindi. I speak to my team and others in Hindi - I do hope that my Hindi is good! 



No comments:

Post a Comment