Tuesday 15 March 2022

Happy Birthday Ila Arun: when the singer and actress went to Jaisalmer with Sridevi, Anil Kapoor and Yash Chopra

Today is the gifted actress and singer Ila Arun's birthday. In honour of her, this post.

Love this bts (behind the scenes!) anecdote from the great Rajasthani folk singer and actress Ila Arun. 

"My career as a singer in Bollywood had just began when Lamhe happened. Yash Chopraji heard my voice and not only offered me to sing for the song but also asked me to perform in it. I can be seen dancing to the number in the beginning of the song which was shot in the sand dunes of Jaisalmer and also in between the song. I was extremely nervous, particularly because I was shooting with none other than Srideviji who was known for her dancing capabilities. I was amazed to see her dancing so effortlessly on the desert sand. Your feet sink into the desert sand which makes it difficult for a person to walk, forget about dancing! That song became a huge hit. Lamhe will always be close to my heart. 

The last time I happened to meet her was during the screening of Padmaavat when we bumped into each other. She greeted me with her infectious smile and hugged me. She was a woman of few words. Socha nahi tha ki woh itni jaldi chali jayengi [never thought she'd leave so soon].”

More at TOI here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment