Tuesday 16 May 2023

Sridevi on Karisma Kapoor walking out of Judaai and working with Shahrukh Khan in Army

TBT to the 90s, an interview with Stardust and Sridevi 


Stardust: Did she take it a compliment then, when a Karishma Kapoor walked out of Judaai (1997)
Sridevi: "Of course I am complimented" Sri smirked. "But I think it was a wrong thing to do on her part. I believe that she thought I would have the better role in the film, but whatever I would be doing in the film would be what the director would want me to. So there is no question of the film being manipulated in my favor. All her fears were totally unfounded." 

Sridevi and Shahrukh Khan
Her refusal to come to terms with reality makes her rout a painful spectacle. Even today she is hurt when a song is added in Army (1996) with Shahrukh Khan. What she doesn't want to face is that it is done merely keeping his star draw in view? 

Sridevi:
"I have no misconceptions about all this because I know that Shahrukh's may be a special appearance, but the entire story is motivated because of him. His character is very important and that song is an integral part." 

-- Stardust Magazine 1996


No comments:

Post a Comment