Sunday 4 June 2023

The Shade... Sridevi rockin' sunglasses on the cricket pitch: Some memorable Sridevi responses to absurd questions

Scrolling through an archive of question and answer sessions with Mumbai journalists - some of Sridevi's most memorable responses to... questionable questions!  The Q&A from various interviews over the years, particularly in the 90s. You can find the full interiew in the archive here at the largest Sridevi site in the world! 

Q: In a recent interview, Anil Kapoor has gone on quote to say Juhi is Number 1 now.
Sridevi: He is entitled to his opinion.

Q: You give the impression of being arrogant.
Sridevi: I'm not arrogant at all. I know my worth which is not the same as being arrogant. The industry has a long list of talented and beautiful actresses whose luck ran out. It can happen to anyone at anytime. Nobody can take your talent away from you, but nobody can help you either the day destiny leads you elsewhere. So what sense does it make for anyone to be arrogant?

Q: There are rumous that you are going to be married to Arvind Swamy.
A: Pardon me, who? Oh, the man who was acted in Roja. I haven't even seen him except when I saw Roja. This is just one more impossible rumour.

Q: You are working with Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar. Do you feel comfortable working with these heroes?
Sridevi: What are you implying? That we’re mismatched? Hardly! I can’t help it if I’ve been working since I was a child… I just happen to have more experience than them. There could have been objections only if they were younger than me… Moreover, I haven’t gone out of my way to make producers pair them with me.


Do they also say that your performances are getting monotonous… that you’re repeating yourself
Sridevi: That’s unfair! My performances in Lamhe, Khuda Gawah and Gumrah were all very different and I was appreciated by the audience as well as the critics.

Why did you have tiff with Saroj Khan who’s choreographed some of your best dances?
Sridevi: We never had any problems. Saawan Kumarji was upset when she couldn’t make it for an entire dance schedule. I did try to persuade him to take her on again but he was reluctant. I didn’t think it would be wise on my part to keep insisting beyond a point. Sarojji and I will probably be working together in Meri Biwi Ka Jawab Nahin.

Weren’t you upset with her because you felt she was working harder on Madhuri Dixit’s dances
Sridevi: Don’t be absurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment