Sunday 30 June 2024

Famous fan: Supriya Pathak on meeting Sridevi on a flight!

 


In a recently published interview, actress Supriya Pathak revealed that she once met Indian icon and superstar Sridevi on a flight and the unexpected encounter left her in stitches.  She never anticipated that a star of her stature would be so simple and so sweet. 

 “I was returning from the US and Sridevi was in the same flight with us," recalls the actor who never worked with Sridevi though they were both in Hindi films during the 1980s. "Naturally, she is great, one of my favourite actors. We met and she was very happy to meet me. When we boarded the flight, normally an actor will never come by himself/herself and ask you to enact a character. It’s not done because you are an actor, and you don’t expect it.” 

She went on in surprise, “I just went and sat and she came to me and said, ‘I am so sorry but can you please speak like Hansa.’ I said, ‘Oh my god.’ I was so happy. I said, ‘Hello, how are, khana kha ke jana.’ She was so thrilled throughout the flight, she kept laughing. She was a great, great fan of Khichdi.”

Though Supriya Pathak never worked with Sridevi - her mother did. The late great character artist Dina Pathak (best remembered for her brilliant work in Hrishikesh Mukherjee films like Khoobsurat, Gol Maal etc)  worked with Sridevi in her first Hindi film Solva Saawan and 80s films like Balidaan and Aulad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment