Sunday 22 May 2011

Iyer and Higher: Sridevi's first interview for her TV series:

g magazine's first interview on the return of Sridevi - now on TV! 

SRIDEVI: Iyer and Higher! 


March 2004, Sridevi's pre-show - her television series debut Malini Iyer - interviews with all the magazines. 

This from 'g' magazine.

Sridevi says, "Love me, don't leave me!" in her pull quote! 

After a long hiatus Sridevi, the queen of acting histrionics, especially comedy, is back! The actress had won millions of hearts with her mesmerizing smile and gifted performances in a long Bollywood career. But with marriage came a full-stop to her professional life, while the personal one took over. After a srting of housewifery and a couple of kids down the line, the restless actress in her had to re-emerge. And thus one is not surprised to see big screen Sri on the small tube.. in Sahara Manoranjan's latest comic offering, Malini Iyer.

"It feels good to come back. I'm not nervous but I think it's fun to work again, especially with such  a concept and in such a set-up. It is a wonderful experience. The idea to do more and the thrill of doing something different excited me. The innovation, characterization and feel of the show excited me. I accepted this comedy because I think it's easy to make people cry, but difficult to make them laugh and get them into an emotional loop. The storyline o a south Indian girl called Malini who is married into a Punjabi household was stimulating and the thought of making a laugh-a-minute riot for the masses made me go for it. Also the fact that it was a serial, my daughters could watch with me." 

For more - click on the images to read. 



No comments:

Post a Comment