Saturday 23 February 2019

Sridevi as Ms Hawa Hawaii in Mr India (1987)



Series of rare pics of Sridevi in her Ms Hawa Hawaii costume. Don't reel back in horror at Sridevi's elaborate, multi-frill, multi-layered outfit. It's inspired by Carmen Miranda no less. Sridevi added the comedic touch of eating the fruits off her hat in the scene leading up to the iconic song. 

Excerpt from an interview:

"Hawa hawai is another great song of my career. I remember they gave me a hat to wear which had fake fruits stuck on it. I asked Shekhar if I could get real fruits on the hat. He immediately organised it and I remember during the shoot, I decided to pluck some grapes off the hat and eat them. It became a moment in the song and it was truly spontaneous."
-- Sridevi, on working in Mr.India





1 comment:

  1. Can I know please who is the admin of this blog and is he or she on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete