Tuesday 20 August 2019

Women We Love: Sridevi




WOMEN WE LOVE: 


Sridevi


"I have had a crush on Sridevi right from the time I was in college. Even today, she continues to fascinate me. In fact, the film, Mast is dedicated to her. I was as obsessed with Sridevi as the protagonist of the film is fascinated by the actress, played by Urmila (Matondkar) in the film. My fascination with her meant that I saw all her movies several times over, collected all her posters and read up everything about her. I used to wait outside her house in Hyderabad for hours to get a glimpse of her. The fascination continues even today..."
-- Rom Gopal Varma, film director and producer



"I am dazzled by Sridevi. To me, she is a really beautiful woman. she is talented as an actress and unlike other heroines from South India, she didn't pole-vault into Bollywood easily. She has been acting since childhood and she has taken the rough with the smooth. I find that she is amazing because she became numero uno in Hindi films by sheer hard work. And she can convey an amazing range of emotions to the camera.

I know acting is not easy because I dabbled a bit in ad films and television and I found that laborious enough. For a woman to have gone through a career for such a long time and managed the stress, fame and the pressures of stardom with dignity is fantastic. I have been an ardent admirer of her since my college days and I still recall that when I first met her on a public function, I couldn't stop myself gushing..."
-- Krishnamachari Srikkanth, former Test cricketer 

2 comments:

  1. ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

    ReplyDelete
  2. ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

    ReplyDelete