Thursday 13 August 2020

20th Anniversary of the Sridevi Fan Page

 

20 years ago today, I started the small Sridevi yahoo fan page - which has since morphed to this blog - to collect ALL images of Sridevi and collect every news-byte, feature and interview with her or in her orbit as an ardent fan. Along the way, I found the like-minded (and the insane!) and we've been growing together as the largest Sridevi fan site online.  

The numbers grew slowly and exploded in 2012 when it was made official that Sridevi would return to films, yanked out of her self-imposed retirement and hiatus by the formidable Gauri Shinde/R Balki/Boney Kapoor holy trifecta. 

Now, two years since her passing - or as we see it, return to her deity form as she was a Goddess* - we average between 2.5 - 3.2 million views till date. 

Gone, but not forgotten, Sridevi. Forever. And ever.



My oft-repeated Goddess anecdote. 

So for a cover story of Post magazine, I got to meet Sridevi on 30 August, 2012. At the end of the chat with Sridevi, I told her pls do more movies as we fans miss her so much and then talked briefly about a book; if I could write a biography of sorts on her. She said, "Why would anyone want to read a book on me? I'm just an ordinary woman..."

"NO!", you are not!" I loudly interjected. "You're a Goddess - you just don't KNOW you're a Goddess!".

She laughed. The PRS at the hotel laughed. Her personal-trainer laughed... 

I was hella serious! 

She patted my head (she's a lot taller) and walked away. 

RIP Sridevi. 





3 comments:

  1. ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

    ReplyDelete
  2. ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

    ReplyDelete