Friday 4 June 2021

Sridevi with Pamela Chopra

Though much has been spoken about how fond Sridevi was of her producer/director/mentor and "father figure", Yash Chopra, Sridevi was excessively fond of Pamela Chopra, noted singer, film producer and of course, wife of the late legend.

Pamela Chopra famously sang Main Sasural Nahin Jaoungi for Sridevi in Chandni and the gorgeous medley in Lamhe (and a few lines of Morni for the young Pooja!). 

During the traumatic loss of her father, it was maternal Pamela who took care of Sridevi after she lost her parent during the film production and remote shoot of Lamhe.

"I also have the highest regards for Mrs. Pamela Chopra who went out of her way to look after me in London, when I reported there, for the shooting of Lamhe 13 days after my father’s death. I am a very emotional person, and these are the kind of memories that I will always cherish." 






No comments:

Post a Comment