Tuesday 22 October 2024

Rishi Kapoor on working with Sridevi and observing her art

Rishi Kapoor and Sridevi in Gurudev

Rishi Kapoor, "I didn't work with Sridevi until 1984, when we first starred in Nagina. Initially, I thought she was a very shy person and arrogant, as she didn't talk much. Later, I realized it wasn't arrogance but just that she was not comfortable speaking in English or Hindi because they were not her main language. 

I often noticed that after every two, or may be three shots; she would remove her makeup and do it again. I never understood the reason, but I think she always wanted to give her best, let her work to speak, and also look gorgeous. And it was not a mere touch-up, but removing makeup from her nose and cheeks and then applying putting it again. Also, she didn’t have any makeup man back then. She put in great efforts to look good and perform well." 
-- Rishi Kapoor, Hindustan Times, 2018



Below: Sridevi applying makeup on the sets of Nazrana





No comments:

Post a Comment